Assuming nothing life changing happens in the next few days heres my top ten.
I had a really fucking awesome year, hard to pick just ten but..
1) Moving to Vermont, getting CA out of my psyche
2) Bonetown (my house) and having amazing friendships with my roommates (and a few others) that are real close and easy and nice, living with kittens (Achoo!), having a gold room, an awesome house and garden and location (Brattleboro!)
3) Tons of new friends- Brattleboro all-stars and a seemingly non-stop flow of cool out-of-towners who continuously break my heart by leaving - but then give me a great excuse to travel all over and see them (and sometimes I just follow them out of town)
4) Trips galore - Maine x2, DC x2, Maryland, PA, North Carolina, NY, CA, Ct, Mass, All over VT, by train, bus, plane, thumb, for shows, friends or just to get out of town for a hot minute
555) Growing up (some), being better at communication, being more comfortable being myself (and being naked all the time) being louder, being a little more sober, being happier
666) Books!!!! I read over 40 this year. Favorites include: The Invisibles, The Illuminati Trilogy, Lolita, The Ethical Slut, The Man Who Fell In Love With the Moon, Hunger Games Trilogy, Doris Anthology and more
7) Music!!!! Too much to say.. playing in a band, seeing awesome shows, finally knowing the name of bands that have been on the peripheral of my knowledge since Buchon days, talking about music and feeling like I know what I'm talking about for once (even getting to be the snob in a relationship with the bigger music collection who goes 'you mean you never heard of ...???!?')
8) SUMMERTIME- swimming 4x a day, eating pizza and ice cream, not putting clothes on ever, sleeping outside, bonfires and so much more.
9) New interests: motorcycle repair, farming, stencils, herbs, beads, crossword puzzles, hiking, potlucks, tattoos!
10) The future - It is real up in the air right now whether I am coming back to the West Coast for awhile.... I will keep you all posted. Any input or advice is appreciated. I'm thinking about moving to Phoenix to attend the Motorcycle Maintenance Institute cus I want to learn a trade but I also don't want to leave VT cus it rules.
p.s. everyone come visit.
p.p.s. I don't take pictures really anymore but anyone who wants to see what I've been up to and all my nice friends should check out Ivy's blog bearhawks.tumblr.com
p.p.p.s.I hope ya'll had awesome years (even those of you I failed to keep in contact with at all)